Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Slutty Superhero

So... it gets hot in Toronto. Hot and really humid. And we don’t have air conditioning, but even if we did, I would put it on as a last resort because we’re not rich, and the provincial gov’t decided it would be cool (get it?) if they hiked up hydro prices during the day - when everyone uses it. I have a whole other rant about that clusterfuck.

Anyway. It was hot and it was humid, and I had the curtains drawn to help keep the heat out. And I was wearing a cute pair of boy-short underwear with a tank top. It was hot, people. And no one could see me.

So... I was making dinner, because I’m nice like that and Stuart came home and the first thing out of his mouth was, “You look like a slutty superhero.” And then he laughed. Not in a mean way. More like he was laughing at his perceived cleverness.

I, however, was not amused.

“What do you mean I look like a slutty superhero? What exactly does that mean? That I fuck my way out of bad situations?”

He had the sense to realize that he was treading on very thin ice, choosing to mumble something that sounded vaguely like he needed a drink and went to change out of his work clothes. Well, Stuart... you can bet you won’t be experiencing any of my superpowers for the next week.

2 comments:

  1. Blahahahhahaa!

    Boys and their superheros!

    But maybe Stuart is on to something.... TSS sould like a great blog or book title.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even better - The Slutty Superhero Comic Book. I bet I would make bajillions!! And can you imagine all of the optioning rights? Since I'll probably never get around to making it, or to your two suggestions..plus I really suck at drawing... if you see something similar out there, tell me so I can totally sue them for stealing my idea.

    Thanks for following, Sweetpea! *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete